SearchAdsensecode

Google
Web www.hydengg.blogspot.com

Heavy Rains @ Hyderabad

30 August 2009 was bright sunny day and every one as usual was complaining of lack of rains . But to much of every ones suprise by midnight things started to change and cool breeze started flowing. Every one was glad that atleast temperature will cool down and none anticipated rains.



At 00:45 , 31 August 2009 it started raining heavily which none expected by 01:00 it was evident that its going to be a heavy downpour. When I peeped out of the window nothing was visible outside except the rain and the foggy view. Every one was glad that fianlly its raining heavily but my happiness was short lived and with lighting thunder electricity supply was gone and most parts of the Hyderabad was in darkness. This is nothing new even slight rain leads to power outage in Hyderabad.

Temperature inside my room was quite hot and then i decided open my windows , well this idea backfired and mosquioes started tormenting us. I was left with no other option to bear the heat inside well packed house and viewing the heavy downpour from windows.

Around three i decide i cant bear this heat any more , so decided to call the Andhra pradesh electricity complaint number 155333 , but all efforts to get in touch with electricity officials were in vain and phone repeated the pre recorded message " all lines you were trying to reach are curently , try after some time ". I tried calling desperately to the electricity department so many times but never recieved any response.



Then I tried sleeping in my room along with buzzing music of mosquitoes with no success. To add to my anger, APGenco switched on one phase in my lane was switched on but i wasn't so lucky enough. I was turning sides till 5 am then finally lights glowed in my room. By this time i was no longer sleepy, so decided to switch on television and by this time all local news channels were flashing news of heavy downpour across telangana region and Hyderabad too . More over one person lost life near Chaderghat near malakpet region, this was the first heavy downpur since monsoon season. Finally after short sleep i woke up around 9 am , even though my alarm was for 7 am :) . Quickly took bath and got ready for office and peeped out of the window and was glad that it was not raining so decided not to waste time in Hyderabad's worst traffic conditions and switch to bike today instead of car.



Well i was half way struggling traffic and pot holes in the busy roads towards Gachibowli , it started raining again :( . I got completely drenched by the time i reached office .Well you might be thinking finally my longgg sequence of events are done. Well NO :) . Now that i have reached office after being drenched with air conditioner switched on imagine whats my condition .

No comments: